Peek at my Week - Winter Break Over

That's right... we had the whole week off for winter break!  It has been sooooo cold here so I was inside for most of the week!  During the day last Monday the wind chill hit minus 31...cannot believe this winter!  



Upside to this weather is that I got a ton of planning done and finished some games and activities.  My biggest labor of love was a sight word pack that aligns with the Reading Street program our district uses... this pack includes a ton of sight word activities that I use each week and my kids love all of them!

I'm excited to get back to work... a week off is great but by the end of the week I had a serious case of cabin fever.  Because we had the week off we'll be spending the first few days back reviewing expectations and routines... a week off is just enough time for my kiddos to forget some of the most important aspects of our classroom!  We will also celebrate our 100th day on Wednesday. I had my kiddos gather a collection of 100 items over the week off so I can't wait to see what they have come up with!

Here's a quick peek at what we'll be doing this week...


Click on the plans to download with hyperlinks!

In math workshop this week we're moving into our measurement unit.  I'm excited about this unit because there are so many ways to apply this to the real world.  During our math tub time my Firsties will be working on fact families, place value, and addition this week. This fact family owl game is an oldie but goodie... they haven't seen this yet so I'm sure they'll be excited to use it.  


We're also going to be using this St. Patrick's Day addition game.  I found some gold coins at the dollar store and it gave my the idea to create this game...I'm sure the kids will love using the coins to play this game.   
Addition to 20 game
We'll also be "Building Numbers" to review place value. 



Over the last few weeks I've been thinking about some new math tub games I want to create for the last few months of the school year.  During my week off I pulled out this book and re-read most of it. It's a great book with so many great ideas!  Lots of different ways to add meaningful practice to our math workshop time!.  If you haven't read this book pick up a copy.  I've read this book as well as her literacy work station book and both books are incredible!  Can't wait to start creating some new math games!





Have a great week!



Be sure to check out Mrs. Wills Kindergarten to see what others will be doing this week!



No comments

Back to Top