Wordless Wednesday - Math Tools



I am linking up for Wordless Wednesday!



What math tools are you using this week?


This week we are working on addition and subtraction to 20.  So we're using many different math tools to help us.  The cards on top are from Target... we are using the cards to build related facts.  The kids love making their own number sentences. 

We are also using the cupcake erasers from Target to help us add and subtract.  The last math tool we are using this week is a Rekenrek.  If you haven't heard of these tools or you haven't used one yet, do yourself a favor and make one.  The kids love them and you can do so much with them!  I love how the Rekenrek uses the 5 and 10 relationships.  Check my blog later this week for a post dedicated to the Rekenrek!

Hope you're having a great week... two more days!!


5 comments

  1. I haven't been even a little bit creative this week! We've had several snow days and delays, so I'm playing catch up. We've been doing lots of paper and pencil practice & review, and the kids took a test today. I plan to be creative and fun soon. I'll be pulling out fraction bars, objects to use for "fractions of a set", and interactive notebook activities. Thanks for sharing! You've inspired me to put some fun back into our math lessons.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here... we haven't had a full week of school since the beginning of January. We've been doing a ton of review here as well. We have a winter break in two weeks and I'm working hard to finish our math unit before our week long February break! Have a great rest of your week

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great math ideas. I bought some of those same erasers at Target this past weekend. We are going to be building numbers up to 20 on ten frames with them next week. I made a Rekenrek with pool noodles and PVC pipe this summer and we love using it. I look forward to reading your post about them. I'm always looking for fun hands on math activities. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea... I have some extra cut up pool noodles from my math hula hoops. I'll have to get some PVC pipe and make a few!

      Delete

Back to Top