No Worksheet Wednesday #2


I'm linking up for No Worksheet Wednesday with The Primary Chalkboard to showcase some of the authentic learning that's been taking place in our classroom through the use of hands-on activities rather than worksheets.  

Today we worked on compound words.  I read If You Give a Pig a Pancake and my kiddos identified all the compound words in the story.  


Then I handed out cards to each of my kiddos and they were asked to move around the room to find another word to make a compound word from the story.  They loved this!  Such a simple way to work on compound words without using a worksheet.  




Click the link below to see what others are doing for No Worksheet Wednesday!  


2 comments

  1. Thanks for the tip! I always use the hand gesture (one hand - one word, other hand - other word, hands together - compound word), but I have students who need the visual, too. The folded sentence strips is perfect :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top