Visual Plans: Short Week

Here is a look at what we'll be working on this week.  We are in the home stretch now so we're finishing up a ton of projects and units!


Click on my plans for more details and hyperlinks.

  
This week we're working on the au and aw patterns found in the words autumn and paw.  These are the last spelling patterns we'll be working on for the year.  We will also review the oi and oy patterns from last week.  We had a 
short week and a field trip last week so I don't think my kiddos had enough practice with these two patterns.  

This week we'll focus on using these scrabble pages during our word work rotation.  The kids are writing such great sentences at this time of the year and I've been so impressed.   



During our sight word rotation the kids will be playing this game this week.  They seem to love this simple, no prep game.  I love having the kids play games during rotations because it keeps them honest... they both make sure the other is reading the sight words correctly.  



In math this week we'll be learning how to tell time.  The kids have been patiently waiting to learn all about the clock and telling time!  We have touched on telling time over the last few weeks but now we'll be diving into telling time to the hour and half hour.   

I will also continue with report card assessments this week.  I have one more running record to finish and I hope to get to that tomorrow morning so I can check it off my list!!  This year I began putting word lists on my iPad to assess for report cards and I am so thankful I did this.  It's so much easier than flipping through cards!!



I've also begun putting together my end of year gifts for my Firsties.  I found these sand pails at the Dollar Tree this weekend.  



Now I have to start peeling off the tags... I wish they put the tags on the bottom!!  Best option is to use a hair dryer to melt the glue.  Then it's on to putting together all the things I want to put inside.  At least this year I'm getting a head start... last year I was doing this during the last week of school!!





Happy Memorial Day!

Have  a great week!!

No comments

Back to Top