Five for Friday

Today I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!


Here are some highlights from our week!   

ONE: Sunflowers
Our flowers are going strong... the kids are so excited to take them home to plant.  The grow lights have done wonders for the plants and I think they'll be ready to send home at the end of the upcoming week!



TWO: Assessments
We are in the final few weeks of school and I'm knee deep in assessments and report cards.  This weekend I'm buckling down to get these report cards finished.  By the looks of this assessment folder I better get crackin'! 


   
THREE: Math Games
This New York Rangers odd and even numbers sort was a HUGE hit this week.  Even though some of my kiddos aren't exactly New York Rangers fans they loved completing this math tub.  



We also played a doubles game using marshmallows to mark off our sums.  The kids have enjoyed any spinner game I've introduced this year and its been a great, low prep way to add fluency practice to our math rotations.  




FOUR: Fiction Writing
We finally finished our fiction writing unit this week.  With all the interruptions that occur during the month of June it felt like this unit lasted for weeks!  Each kiddo did such a great job with their stories and I have seen such great progress from each of my firsties this year.  This story in particular caught my eye... LOVE the title!






 FIVE: Camping Week
The kids got a chance to practice spelling long vowel super e words this week as they went on a camping supply "hunt" around our classroom.  On each supply card I had a long vowel picture.  The kids needed to use the super e pattern to spell each of these words.  I love getting the kids up and moving this time of the year ... they need to be moving to get through the day!!  



We also completed this "What's My Campsite Number" game to practice place value as we end our year.  

Have a great weekend.  Don't forget to visit Doodle Bugs Teaching!

2 comments

  1. I kind of wish I was still in school!!! Sunflowers and awesome math activities--kids must be loving it! Good luck with report cards, hope they come together quickly!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning some camping centers for my third graders this upcoming week. It's our last week of school, so I want to keep them busy but also give them some fun. "Cat Crime" is a great title! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top