Five for Friday: Where did January Go?

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for 
Friday. 
  

I can't believe Monday is February 1st... where did January go.  I feel like we just returned from our Christmas break and now I need to prep Valentine's Day materials.  Our work is never done.  Here are a few highlights from our week.  

One: New Calendar Pages
As part of our morning routine each day I have my kiddos complete a calendar page to practice some math and ELA skills.  We have begun to use a more challenging version of the calendar page as my kiddos have mastered the skills on the previous page.  I love how many math and ELA skills we can quickly cover each morning with these pages. 

Two: Math Tub Games
My kiddos loved the math games we used during the months of November and December and the January games were no exception.  These tubs have been working nicely because each game is very similar to the previous month's games so the kiddos know how to use them.  This saves time each week as I get out the new tubs.  These tubs have also worked nicely because they are easily differentiated for each of my math groups.  The spinners are also great because we can use the games over and over without the kids answering the same number sentences.   






Three: Reading Workshop
Literally want to shout out loud about this... I am so excited about the new Lucy Calking Reading Workshop units.  My principal agreed to purchase the units for me and I've been waiting what seems like weeks for these units to arrive.  They finally arrived two weeks ago and we have been loving the work we've been doing with them!  I'm a bit bummed that I won't get to use all the units but we've already covered most of what's in the first few two units... so we're forging about to unit the unit on characters.

Four: Go Noodle Hall of Fame
We love us some Go Noodle... but I got tired of looking at our certificates taped to the bottom of our board so I created this Go Noodle Hall of Fame to proudly display our certificates.  The kids love it!  Sorry no color printers at our school... black and white will have to do. :(

Five: Picture Says It All

I've been fighting a nasty cold ALL WEEK!  Honestly I've felt fine but the coughing and sneezing is just getting old!  Here's to getting a bit of rest this weekend... this cold better be gone by Monday!

Thanks for stopping by... Have a wonderful weekend!  Don't forget to visit Doodle Bugs Teaching.

No comments

Back to Top