Peek at My Week - Valentine's Day

 I am looking forward to this week... my kids are pumped about celebrating Valentine's Day all week!  Here's a quick peek at what we'll we doing this week!





My kiddos have gotten a bit bored building words with magnets or letter cards so I had to think of something to bring a bit of excitement back to word work.  I decided to have the kids build words and for this week contractions, with clothespins.  I found this great organizer at Walmart yesterday and there is plenty of room to store 3-4 clothespins for each letter!  Amazing!





 As part of my Valentine Contraction Activities my kiddos will be building contractions using these pins this week. 





My kids left on Friday so excited about this upcoming week. They must have asked me 10 times on Friday when we would be making our Valentine bags to hold all of our cards. We're making them on Friday... We use big brown bags and create Valentine Creatures that the kids just adore.  

I remember making a small box to hold Valentines when I was in elementary school.   Back them everyone passed out a card... no candy, tattoo, or other trinket was attached.  Now the norm is a Valentine with something extra.  I kind of miss just passing out a sweet little Valentine to everyone.  

To practice our sight words this week we are building the words using conversation hearts.  I posted this freebie in my TPT store.  I printed the pages on colored paper to make it a bit more festive.  Then I put each page in a page protector so we can reuse during guided reading groups this week.  I usually don't laminate pages I want my kiddos to write on because it's hard to erase white board marker from lamination.  It's much easier to erase marker from page protectors!  



I have been going back and forth about making cards or buying cards for my kids.  I decided to make a few cards this morning and I have posted them for free in my TPT store.  I have some Valentine pencils from the Target Dollar Spot that I will attach to the cards. 




Have a great week!  Happy Valentine's Day!!

Be sure to check out Mrs. Wills Kindergarten to see what others will be doing this week!




No comments

Back to Top