Wordless Wednesday: Listen to Reading

Today I'm linking up with Miss DeCarbo for Wordless Wednesday.  


Here's my picture for the week!



I finally purchased this headphone jack and I'm excited to use it for my daily 5 rotations this year.  I have never done a listening station in my room where the kids use a CD and a picture book to listen to a story.  We've used computers to do listen to reading but I came across a ton of great pictures books on tape at the end of last school year (yes, I did say tape).  I found a tape player that works and I'm excited to give it a try.  This jack will be great to allow a few kids to listen to a story together.  

Like I mentioned before, I have never done a formal listen to reading station and I've been thinking about different ways to keep the kids accountable, engaged, and focused at this station... but I'd love to hear from you!   

Do you use paper/pencil tasks to hold the kids accountable at listen to reading?

Thanks so much for your ideas and help with this!!

Be sure to check out Miss DeCarbo's site to see more Wordless Wednesday posts.

1 comment

  1. Sounds like a great find--books on tape, still a wonderful way to enjoy books.
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top