No Worksheet Wednesday


I'm linking up today for No Worksheet Wednesday to highlight some of the authentic learning that is taking place in our classroom through the use of hands-on activities rather than worksheets.

This has honestly been a great experience for me as I have critically looked at all aspects of our day to ensure what we do is authentic, meaningful, and engaging for all my students.  Here are some highlights from my week so far.

During our Daily 5 rotations this week we have been working on various hands-on activities.  In our two word work stations my kiddos have been working on sight words and the oa/ow patterns.  

I finally found Scrabble Cheez-Its so we are building our ow and oa words this week with scrabble tiles.  After reading and building each word the kids need to use the word in a sentence.  




To practice our sight words for the week my kiddos have been building words with clothespins.  After building each word they wrote a sentence on a recording sheet. 


I like that both of these options include sentences as it gives the kids more practice with sentence writing and the conventions of writing.  

To practice sight words this week my kiddos are also sequencing sight word sentences in our pocket chart.  They seem to really enjoy this and its a great way to practice fluency!



In math this week we are working on a missing addend math tub.  The kiddos are using gold coins to help them find the missing addends in these gold coin number bonds. It's still March so we're still working on St. Patrick's Day themed items!   



Click the link below to see what others are doing for No Worksheet Wednesday!


1 comment

  1. Scrabble Cheez-Its?!? I'm off to the store...thank you so much for sharing!! Jen :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top