Peek at my Week

I'm linking up with Mrs. Wills Kindergarten for a Peek at My Week! 


Click on my plans for more details and hyperlinks.

  

This week we're working on the oi and oy patterns found in the words soil and boy.  Only a few more patterns to cover before the end of year.  I can't believe it!

  During our word work rotations this week my kiddos will be working on clipcards to build our spelling words.  Then they'll need to use each spelling word in a quality sentence. 



I'm so impressed by the quality of their sentences.  I think using our spelling and sight words in sentences each week has really given them meaningful practice and has helped them learn how to write quality sentences.  I challenge them each week to write better and more detailed sentences and they have truly stepped up to the challenge!

We are currently using this recording sheet and the kids love illustrating each of their sentences! 



In math this week we'll be learning about 3D shapes.  I love the geometry unit because there are so many great real world applications.  I hope to have enough time to take a short "field trip" around our school to locate different 3D shapes.  I'm sure the kids will enjoy this!  

4 bags of marshmallows and toothpicks can only mean one thing... we're building 2D and 3D shapes this week.  I can't wait for my kids to try building shapes at the end of the week!  

For our daily problem solving practice we'll be finishing up the printables in the Rainy Day practice set I created.  The kids have done such a great job problem solving this year and I'm blown away by their ability to  solve all different types of word problems!  I have lots of different themed problem solving printables planned for the summer... can't wait to get started creating!

Problem Solving Printables: Rainy Day Edition

After our field trip on Wednesday we'll be working on this writing prompt.  I can't wait to see what my kiddos name as their favorite part of our field trip. 



We have a short week this week as well as next in honor of Memorial Day.  To celebrate and honor all the Veteran's that have worked for and sacrificed all for our country we're going to be writing about what Memorial Day means to us.  I have a short book the kids and I will read and discuss together and then they'll write about this important day of remembrance using this writing prompt.  



Have  a great week!!

No comments

Back to Top