Visual Plans: Field Day Freebie

I can't believe it's the last month of school. This will be our last full week of school.  After this week we'll have three short weeks until summer vacation!  I'll be so sad to see my Firsties leave but they're ready for the challenges of second grade!  

Here are my plans for the week ahead as well as some highlights for the week ahead!!

This week we're going to begin reviewing first grade skills.  We're finished with spelling patterns and homework for the year and we only have a few small topics in math to cover.  I'll be giving our end of year math test this week and then we'll dive into coins and money.  We use coins each morning during our calendar time so I feel as though this unit will be more of a review than anything else.  

Friday is our field day.  First grade will participate in events early in the morning so I really wanted to continue the field day theme throughout our morning... figured I'd capitalize on the enthusiasm from the mornings festivities!

I created this "Field Day Workout Review" to go along with our field day activities on Friday.  There are 16 task cards that I will place around the room.  Once the kids are buddied up I'll send them around the room to complete each task card and record their answer on their recording sheet.  



What makes these task cards different from other task cards is that each card has an exercise the kids must complete before moving on... just another way to keep the kids moving and exercising on field day.  I can't wait to use these... these cards are in my TPT store for free this week if you'd like a copy.  

This week we'll also be planting sunflower seeds.  This was something we were going to do last week but we never got around to it so we'll be doing it first thing Tuesday morning.  I just love sunflowers... I might plant a few to bring home as well!


We'll also be tie dying this week.  I've never tie dyed in school before.  The last two years I have brought the shirts home and done them on my own.   A ton more work for me but I was too scared of what could happen.  Last year I worked at a summer program and we successfully tie dyed 80 t-shirts over 4 days so that gave me some confidence.  Knowing my kiddos this year I'm ready to try it in school.  I figured field day would be a great day to do it... everyone is already crazy!!  

I found this kit at Walmart a few weeks ago and I was so excited.  I can never find squeeze bottles for the dye and I end up spending a ton of money on tie dye kits.  This kit was about 14 dollars and it does 20 shirts... the perfect amount!  Wish me luck on Friday! 


Stopped by the dollar store today looking for white coffee mugs for our Father's Day gifts.  I did not find the mugs... may need to think of a plan B.  But I did find a ton of great things for the classroom.  My husband kept giving me the evil eye as I stopped to look at different things.  The only saving grace is that everything is $1 so even if you buy a few of everything you're not spending a ton of money.  I can't wait to use these treasures in the classroom.  


Have an awesome week... hang in there if you're still in school this week!  

No comments

Back to Top