Camping Week with Freebie

This is the first year I've planned a camping theme and I'm EXCITED about it.  I know my kiddos will love the activities I have planned and I think we'll be up and moving around enough to keep the kiddos engaged and learning during the last few weeks of the year!

Here are my plans for the week ahead as well as some highlights!!

This week we're going to be reviewing long vowel super e words.  Most of my kiddos are reading and writing these words with consistency but we can always benefit from review.  I created a camping supplies hunt  around the room and as the kids rotate to each card they will need to spell long vowel words correctly.  I posted this long vowel hunt in my TPT store for free if you'd like to try it!



  As part of our camping unit the kids will also be playing these "S'more Doubles Practice" games during our afternoon math rotations.  There are two versions of this doubles game... one version the kiddos need to double the number they spin and place a marshmallow on the sum.  In the other version the kids spin the sum of a doubles fact.  They need to work backwards to figure out what doubles fact makes that sum.  



We'll also be using these tubs throughout our week as well.  The "What's My Campsite Number" game requires the kids to use their knowledge of place value to determine different campsite numbers. The other tub gives the kids some practice with ABC order.  They need to first order the words alphabetically and then record the camping words on a recording sheet.
 



Even through the New York Rangers did not make it to the Stanley Cup finals my kiddos are still huge fans of the team.  This week I created a math tub game to go along with the players on the team.  I listed the players and their numbers on cards and the kiddos need to sort the cards by the even and odd numbers.  I have a few kids that are eagerly awaiting this game during our math rotations!!  I can't wait to use them this week.  



Have a great week... hang in there if you're still in school this week!  

No comments

Back to Top