Five for Friday

Today I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for 
Friday!
  

Here's a bit of what I've been up to!

ONE: New Planner
Like many teachers I love planners and write everything I need to do in them!  That being said I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a new planner for the upcoming school year so I decided to create my own planner.  It took some time and it took some tweaking, but I love the way it turned out!  I bought this mini-binder at Staples with some plastic folders to place inside and I'm all set to use this for the upcoming school year!





TWO: Teacher Planner
I've been working on the pages for my teacher planner for a few weeks and I think I have it the way I want it... for now.  I always change things up a bit after I've used the pages for a few weeks.  



  THREE: Planning Meeting
I've spent a good part of this week planning for the first few weeks of school.  This weekend I have a planning meeting with the first grade teams and I'm so excited to get back into the swing of things.  I've been busy trying to put together an outline for September and these books have been a lifesaver!! 



FOUR: Reading Workshop
After reading several wonderful books by Jennifer Serravallo this summer, I'm ready to tackle reading workshop and strategy groups during small group reading time.  I've worked on some assessments to go with the reading workshop format and I've begun putting a binder together to hold all the assessments and notes from reading workshop and small group times.  




Five: Pellets = Fall is Coming 
A non-school related picture but it has me excited none the less.  Our pellets were delivered this week for our Pellet Stove!!  This means my husband and I lugged 200 forty pound bags of pellets into our basement this week... great workout!  It also means fall is coming and I couldn't be more excited!!






Have a great weekend.  Don't forget to visit Doodle Bugs Teaching!

3 comments

  1. Hi, I love your lesson plan binder. It looks great. I have also been reading a lot of professional books this summer. I am loving the Reading Strategies book. Are you putting your small group strategy lessons in your store? I am on the hunt for recording sheets and I like the way you have organized your template. Oh man, you and me both, I LOVE fall, it is my favorite time. Pumpkins, sweaters, scarfs, boots, pumpkin spice lattes, I could go on and on. It just makes my heart happy. Thanks for sharing. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments... they made my day!! I can certainly put the small group recording sheets in my TPT store. I have a few more tweaks to finish and then I'll post them! Happy weekend!!

      Delete
  2. All your professional book picks are great/ look great. I think you will be glad you are taking time to read/ think now so you can start off strong!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top