Five for Friday

Today I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for 
Friday!
  

We've got two weeks until we go back for meetings and professional development.  I've been busy this week starting to get stuff ready to bring into school next week to begin the long process of setting up.  Here's a bit of what I've been up to!

ONE: Sight Word Activities 
I created, printed, laminated and cut out sight word activities for the first three weeks of school.  It took a ton of time but I'm so happy to have them done for the first month of the year... always a stressful time and it's nice not to have to worry about it.  




TWO: ELA Interactive Journals
I also prepped ELA interactive journals for the first three weeks of the school year.  I know I won't get to all the pages but I'd like to get the kids familiar with the procedures of journals as well as understand some of the different tasks they'll be asked to complete throughout the year.  



Each task or topic has at least two pages... one page to introduce the new learning and the other page to apply the new learning.  Most of the pages do not include flaps or pockets... they take too much time for the kids to glue down and the worksheets I include work the same way.  

  THREE: New Binder Covers
Because I have nothing better to do (hahaha, not really) I created new covers for all my binders.  The cover pages I had last year we in good shape and could certifiably be used again this year, but I wanted everything to match! We teachers are our own worst enemy!!

FOUR: Safari Theme
My classroom has had a jungle theme the last few years and this year I decided to give it a slightly different spin.  While I'm not changing much of the decor I am incorporating a safari theme.  I want my little "Math and Reading Explorers" to get excited about this new school year and I found these cute safari hats on Amazon and knew I needed them for each of my kiddos.  I can't wait to use them!!



Five: Summer Sunrise
Can't believe summer is almost over... it's bittersweet.  I'm so excited to meet my 22 new Firsties but I'm loving the slow pace the summer brings!!  I've been getting up early each day but just can't seem to get motivated to do much of anything but enjoy the sun as it peeks through the trees in our backyard.  Here's a beauty from Tuesday!



Have a great weekend.  Don't forget to visit Doodle Bugs Teaching!

1 comment

  1. Great picture of the sunrise! I totally feel you on the binder covers lol.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top