Five for Friday: It's Over!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for 
Friday. 
  

Longest week ever... between finishing report cards, having 12 conferences in one afternoon/evening, and having my husband begin his wrestling coaching duties it was a crazy busy week!  Glad it's over and we only have two days next week.  Only down side is it's Thanksgiving already!  

Here are some highlights from my week.  

ONE: Report Cards and Conferences
This almost empty organizer can only mean one thing... I finished all my assessments for report cards.  One lonely assessment still remains.... but we weren't assessing it on the report cards, it was just for my own data so I can assess whenever I get a chance. 
I had twelve conferences on Thursday, with 10 of them back to back every 20 minutes.  It was pretty  much THE longest day ever.  Arrived at school at 7:00 am and left at 7:45 pm.  It was great meeting with parents but it makes for such a long day when we have kids in the morning and then conferences in the afternoon and into the evening.  

TWO: Pumpkin Investigation
Don't judge... we just got to our pumpkin investigation this week.  I mean pumpkin pie is a thing we love eating at Thanksgiving so I didn't feel too bad continuing the pumpkin theme into the week.  The kids went CRAZY when they got to count the seeds in our pumpkin... 487 to be exact!  

  THREE: Turkey Math Games 
My kiddos loved these math games we've been using the last two weeks during guided math.  I put them together quickly to review some of the skills we've been working on in math and they've been a hit.  We were able to use the tubs for two weeks because I created most of the games with spinners... they're always getting new numbers to add or work with so the games don't lose their luster!  Just started a similar set of games for December!




Four: Quiet Critter Jar
We filled our quiet critter jar at the end of last week so our class voted to have a Teddy Bear/Stuffed Animal Day this week.  It was a huge hit... even I brought in a few of my favorite stuffed animals. 

Five: Thanksgiving Celebration
We just started learning about the first Thanksgiving and I gave my kiddos these "quill pencils" to use during our social studies lessons and the kids LOVE them.  They are begging me to use them ALL day.  Love first grader enthusiasm!

Thanks for stopping by... Have a wonderful weekend!

 Don't forget to visit Doodle Bugs Teaching!

No comments

Back to Top