Five for Friday - April 7th

Another week in the books.  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday.  Here are some highlights from our week!

ONE: Vowel Team Baseball Games
Much like last week we played another game to help us review another vowel team this week.  Instead of the football game from last week we played a baseball game this week.  The kids had so much fun and I loved to see them working together as a team to complete various tasks.  


TWO: PIE
After seeing Hope King's amazing idea to teach author's purpose I knew I needed to try it!  The kids loved the idea and worked so hard to identify the author's purpose of various books.  I was so proud of how responsible and hard working they were during this activity today!  We had so much fun!




THREE: Adding and Subtracting Two-Digit Numbers
I love this time of the year when my kiddos are using all kinds of strategies as we begin adding larger numbers.  This week was no exception as we used an addition and subtraction call and response to remind us to always start in the ones place!  Even with the song, I did have one kiddo that was adamant that we start in the tens... gotta love commitment to what he believes in!



FOUR: Charlie the Ranch Dog Instagram
This week we read a nonfiction piece about a ranch.  Since we live in upstate New York my kiddos don't know much about ranches or the ranch lifestyle.  I read Charlie the Ranch Dog this week to give them some more exposure to the idea of a working ranch.
I also brought in all my Ree Drummond cookbooks to share some of the pictures in of her ranch with the kids.  On Wednesday I had my kiddos create an Instagram post as if they were Charlie... lots of napping and eating bacon!  I think they know Charlie very well!




FIVE: Spring Math Tubs
Spring break in four days... cannot wait.  In the meantime, I took out all the Easter themed tubs I have to keep my kiddos engaged and working both this week and next!  Here's one of our favorites games!

Don't forget to visit Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday posts!

Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments

Back to Top