Spring Resources - and a Freebie!

Happy first day of spring! We may still be buried in snow from the Blizzard of 2017 last week but we are all excited here in upstate New York for spring and warmer temperatures.  We have a few more weeks until spring break here and I wanted to get my classroom feeling like spring even if there is still snow on the ground.  

Last week we created these contraction caterpillars to showcase all we know about contractions.  I'm in love with how bright and springy the Astrobrights papers look!  
I put the template for this caterpillar in my TpT store as a freebie.  I included a list of different ways to use this template in the file as well.   I love crafts that are low prep and can be used in different ways.

From year to year I often change how I use a specific craft depending on where I am in my curriculum and what skills we have mastered and what skills need more work.  Here are two other ways I can see using this craft although I have listed a ton of different ideas in the template.

I'm always looking for different ways to keep my kiddos engaged and practicing their sight words... especially this time of year!  This Beautiful Blooms sight word game is a freebie in my TpT store as well.   Kiddos draw cards and read sight words and the game continues as they kids continue to draw cards.  If the kids draw a "Cold Snap" card they need to put all their card back and start again.
I have also included a sentence version of this sight word game to make the game a bit harder for kiddos that need to be challenged.  This game is also free in my TpT store

I love using these spring themed problem-solving printables as well.  By this point in the year my kiddos are great math problem solvers and I love challenging them with all kinds of word problems.  I keep things fresh and engaging by using spring-themed printables.  I have two different sets of printables as freebies in my TpT store.  Hope you find them helpful!

Happy spring!  Here's to a great first full week of spring!!

No comments

Back to Top