Safari Week and a Freebie

Safari week in first grade was a HUGH hit and we loved all the safari themed activities we took part in this week!  

I'm popping on the blog tonight to share a safari-themed math freebie that I've posted to my TpT store. I'm hoping to post all the resources to my TpT store soon but I'd like to use all the resources this week, make some changes, and then get it posted! Click the cover to download the freebie!


We used this game during our math rotations each day this week.  The game is a snap to prep and it's a great way to give your kiddos some review of missing addends as well as fact families.

Just print the cards on colored paper... I printed on two different colors but you can really print on one color.  Laminate the cards, pick a recording sheet and you're ready to go!

To play the kids pick cards and figure out the missing part.  I included these hippo counters with the tub in case some of my kiddos needed counters to help them solve.  

I've also included two different recording sheets depending on what you want your kiddos to work on.  I'm having my kids find the missing addend and then write the fact family for the three numbers.  

I also included a recording sheet for the kids to write just the missing part of the number bond.  Once you decide what sheet to use, just print, copy and you're ready to go.  If you're looking to save some paper you could always put the recording sheet in a page protector and have your kiddos use dry erase markers to record their answers.

I'll put a detailed post up soon with pictures from our first of three themed weeks as we round out the school year!!

No comments

Back to Top